January 7, 2011
If you have one right now, please keep in mind these upcoming dates when the Bank of Canada will announce its interest rate decsions:
January 18, 2011
March 1, 2011
April 12, 2011
I would encourage you to talk to your mortgage broker if you are thinking about making any changes.
March 30, 2010
RBC hiked interest rates by a little over half a point. Others will surely follow. Tick tock.
August 13, 2009
1. Have you explored all of your options?
2. Are you comfortable with your payments?
3. Do you need cash flow for other things?
4. Can you handle fluctuating rates?
5. Will you sell soon?
6. Are you thinking about a major renovation?
7. When do you want to be “mortgage-free?”
8. Could you use your home equity to fulfill other goals?
9. Have your insurance needs changed?
10. Are you getting the best rates and terms?
– with thanks to Gibbard Hoffart Financial Group